The tools, books, classes, and documentaries that have helped us save the most money and eat healthy over the years.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive compensation if you make a purchase using the links. This occurs at no extra cost to you! You can view our full disclosure policy here.
Build a Minimalist Kitchen
Everything you NEED to outfit a simple, efficient, real food kitchen. (See the other list for the really fun stuff.)
My Favorite Kitchen Tools
Optional kitchen tools that we LOVE. They help us make homemade real food faster, easier, and better!
They taught us real food, or guarded our budget, or helped us do both! These are the cookbooks I turn to again and again. Here are the cookbooks you can find on Amazon, and here are my favorites from real foodies online.
Real Food Documentaries
They inspired, challenged, and changed us.
How I Got My Kids to Help in the Kitchen
The kids’ cooking class that didn’t make me want to pull my hair out. Now my kids (ages 9, 7, and 4) help in the kitchen, know more about real food, and love cooking on their own!
Read my first review of the class here, and get their free list of real food, kid-friendly snacks here!
My Favorite Real Foodies to Follow
- Wardee from Traditional Cooking School
- Katie from Kitchen Stewardship
- Jerrelle Guy, author of Black Girl Baking (on my wishlist!) is a fun follow on Instagram.
- Tiffany from Don’t Waste the Crumbs (creator of Grocery Budget Bootcamp)
- Tanorria Askew (@tanorriastable on Instagram!)
- Stacy from Humorous Homemaking
- Sonja & Alex from A Couple Cooks (their cookbook is on my crushes list!
Productivity & Goal Setting
- Home Management How-To
- 2019 Six-Month Undated PowerSheets Intentional Goal Planner from Cultivate What Matters
- Crystal Paine Products