You know that moment when you first open your brand new Instant Pot? (affiliate link)
The styrofoam screeches a little as you lift it out of the box, the clouds part, and angels sing choruses about how much easier your kitchen life will be from now on.
Then it sits on your counter for weeks, reproaching you every time you start something on the stove or pull out that familiar, trusty slow cooker.
(Please note: This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small compensation if you make a purchase using the links. You can view my full disclosure policy here.)
Eventually, you grow brave enough to try it. You download Katie’s guidebook, try several recipes, (affiliate links) and suddenly, it’s like you didn’t know what your kitchen felt like without the Instant Pot.
Here’s the thing. We all know programmable pressure cookers are amazing. They save us time. They save our tails when we forget to thaw chicken for dinner. Or can’t think ahead enough to use the slow cooker.
However, the miracle that is the Instant Pot has another superpower that few people mention.
Discover the superpower on my guest post at Kitchen Stewardship!
You Might Also Like:
- My *HONEST* review of the Instant Pot and whether it’s worth adding to your frugal kitchen
- Githeri (Kenyan Corn, Beans & Greens)
- 10-Minute Tomato Soup
- How to Make Super Cheap Marinara Sauce in the Slow Cooker
- Picadillo (Mexican Beef & Potato Stew) – Uses ground beef!
- Slow Cooker Taco Filling (Vegetarian, Beef, and Vegan options) – Perfect as a dip or filling for tacos, burritos, taquitos, or chimichangas
- Potato Peel Soup
- The Cheapest 1-Pot Macaroni & Cheese (& Some Variations)