The Only All-Purpose Seasoning I Use
I’m not big on making my own seasoning. However, it’s cheaper and often better for you – no mysterious ingredients or “fillers“.
So I have a few herbs and spices in my cupboard, and I make a few easy spice blends.
One of my favorites is this Simple Greek Seasoning. I married into a Big, Fat Greek family (minus the big fat part – they’re pretty small and fit), and this all-purpose spice blend is a MUST-HAVE in every Greek-American kitchen.
It’s the frugal cure-all for boring food. Fugal meals tend to be simple. This seasoning makes all those meals better. Sprinkle it on any vegetable or meat, and it’s instantly more awesome – chicken, beef, roasted vegetables, steamed vegetables, potatoes, pizza dough, garlic bread, vegetable dip, salad dressing, etc.
I mention it a lot in my recipes.
I want you to have this easy, go-to, dinner-saver in your life.
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder (or 1 tbsp dried minced onion)
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- Pour all ingredients in a small jar and shake it well to combine.
- Use for: chicken, beef, roasted vegetables, steamed vegetables, pizza dough, potatoes, soup, garlic bread, vegetable dip, salad dressing, etc. - get creative!
Some of these links are affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Nutrition InformationYield 20 Serving Size 1 tsp
Amount Per Serving Calories 4Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 263mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 0g
Please note: The actual calories and nutrition of this dish will change depending on what ingredients you use. Nutrition information is not always accurate.
More Dinner-Saving Recipes:
- Easy, Make-Ahead Beef
- Easy, Make-Ahead Chicken (use any cut and you can bake it, grill it, or crockpot it!)
- 5-Minute, Slow Cooker Filling for Tacos, Burritos, Taquitos, & More