High in protein, fiber, and flavor, dessert hummus features whole, simple ingredients and real food. It’s gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, vegan, naturally-sweetened, and sun butter makes it nut-free. Oh, and it takes about 5 minutes to toss into the food processor and blend.
This post may contain affiliate links. You can view my full disclosure policy here.
If you love peanut butter, make this. If you love peanut butter cookies, definitely make this. If you love dip, HOLY COW, skip that salad and make peanut butter chocolate chip dessert hummus!
I’m kidding. You might be trying to eat healthy, so that salad is a good idea. But here’s the good news – this Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Dessert “Hummus” is loaded with real food too.
High in protein and fiber, this dip features whole, simple ingredients. It’s gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, vegan, naturally-sweetened, and sun butter makes it nut-free. Oh, and it takes about 5 minutes to toss into the food processor and blend.
So if that sounds good to you, make this.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Dessert Hummus
Dessert hummus has to be the grossest, weirdest dessert name I’ve ever heard. However, it’s the name people use to describe this creamy, rich, dessert dip.
Despite the name, even my kids love it. It’s delicious, simple, budget-friendly, and doesn’t leave us with an uncontrollable sugar-high.
If you’re looking for an easy, clean eating, budget-friendly dessert Chocolate Dessert Hummus is it.
Get the recipe below (I won’t make you scroll through paragraphs of backstory you don’t care about). But check below it for nutrition information, tips, and ways this recipe helps us save money and eat healthy!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag a photo #cheapskatecook and @cheapskatecook on Instagram.
Here’s a video about how to make one of my favorite variations: Creamy Chocolate Dessert Hummus. Get the full recipe here.
Apple shots were taken by my dear friend, Emily, who approves of this recipe.
What to Eat with Dessert Hummus
Because this is hummus, you gotta dip food into it. We like pretzels, graham crackers, and little cookies – look for (or make!) cleaner varieties if you can. We like Coconut Cashew Crisp cookies from Aldi and their gluten-free pretzels. You can also dip fruit!
Try these with Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Dessert Hummus:
- Apple slices
- Graham crackers
But honestly, in our house, we usually eat it in a bowl with a spoon.
Easy Dessert Hummus
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Dessert Hummus is:
- Real Food
- Vegan (if you use maple syrup)
If you like clean eating desserts, try these other dessert recipes:
- Amazing Eggless Brownies (No Weird Ingredients!)
- Mix-in-the-Pan Fruit & Oat Bars
- 3-Ingredient Frozen Berry Whip
- Chocolate Dessert Hummus
- Simple Real Food Berry Tart
Do You Need a Food Processor For This Recipe?
I despise extra appliances, so it took me a long time to decide if I needed a food processor. I got one for $5 at a yard sale when we were dealing with severe dairy and gluten sensitivities. Many of the budget-friendly, kid-friendly recipes online used a food processor, and my blender didn’t cut it.
A food processor handles thick, creamy recipes that a regular blender can’t. However, if you have a high-powered blender, like Vitamix or Blendtec, you should be fine to make Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Dessert Hummus.
Now, this little food processor is one of my favorite appliances.
My $5, unbranded, yard sale food processor lasted nearly 6 years, so I don’t think you need an expensive brand to make great food. For now, my Black and Decker works great.
A short list of what I make with a food processor:
- Pie Crust
- Homemade Lara Bars
- Oat Flour
- 1-ingredient Banana Ice Cream
- Creamy Chocolate Dessert Hummus
- These Healthier Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- 5-Ingredient Peanut Butter Muffins
- Nut Butter
Plus a TON of savory dishes like hummus, baba ganoush (my favorite recipe is in this cookbook) and salsa. It also helps me shred cabbage, slice peppers and onions, and shred zucchini in seconds.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Dessert "Hummus"
High in protein, fiber, and flavor, dessert hummus features whole, simple ingredients, and real food. It’s gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, vegan, naturally-sweetened, and sun butter makes it nut-free. Oh, and it takes about 5 minutes to toss into the food processor and blend.
- 1 3/4 cups cooked white beans or chick peas, (canned or home cooked)
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey, (see tips for more variations)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (if using home cooked beans and/or salt-free peanut butter)
- 2-4 tbsp milk, (optional) (dairy-free works!)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, to taste, (optional)
- Combine all ingredients except milk and chocolate chips in a food processor and puree until very smooth (2-3 minutes, depending on how powerful your machine is). Thin with milk if necessary to reach desired consistency.
- Stir in chocolate chips and eat with a spoon, or serve with chopped fruit and graham crackers.
- Sweetener - You can use 2/3 cup brown or white sugar.
- Don’t like peanut butter? Substitute peanut butter for a milder nut butter, like cashew or almond.
- Nut-free? Use sun butter or desired substitute.
- Chocolate chips - If you’re dairy-free, I like Enjoy Life chocolate chips (affiliate link). FRUGAL TIP: Try the Moser Roth dark chocolate from Aldi and just break it into chunks!
- Chocoholic? Add a few tbsp of cocoa powder to the mix, then blend in thoroughly.
Some of these links are affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Nutrition InformationYield 7 Serving Size 1/3 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 413Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 1mgSodium 413mgCarbohydrates 51gFiber 8gSugar 21gProtein 16g
Please note: The actual calories and nutrition of this dish will change depending on what ingredients you use. Nutrition information is not always accurate.
What You Can Do Now:
Do you ever use beans in your desserts?
If you found this post helpful, let us know! Leave a comment, share it on Facebook or Pinterest, and follow us on Instagram or YouTube for more!
Slash your grocery budget and feed your family real food! Get simple, frugal, real food menu plans every month for FREE in the Cheapskate Cooks’ 1-Min Email. Get your first one here.
Yes! This dip is so so good
Theres a black bean brownie recipe floating around Google too. Its rly good. Just rinse canned beans and you can have them ready quick.
Yes, I’ve tried a couple recipes! So good.
love this “PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP DESSERT HUMMUS” , thanks for sharing ingredients and instructions with us , will definitely gonna try this dessert for my kids .