Possibly the easiest crowd-pleasing real food dip, creamy salsa was my mother’s go-to party snack. No fuss, no measurements, a step above plain salsa and chips, and sure to please the pickiest eaters.
Want to bring something easy to the Superbowl that’s NOT loaded with fake food or added sugar? Try this creamy dip.
What was your first Super Bowl memory? Mine was making mini pizza calzones with my mother. We took our Easiest Bread Dough, filled it with pizza sauce, pepperoni, and mozzarella cheese, and baked them until they were toasty and golden.
Between that and the fact that the Super Bowl was the only football game my parents watched, I became the person who attends Super Bowl parties for the food.
What about you? Which are you? If you love the food, this dip is a winner. You can snack on it in between commercials. If you love the game, don’t waste time making something fancy. Toss this together and get to that game!
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 oz cream cheese, (half of an 8-oz block)
- Place salsa and cream cheese in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Heat until cream cheese is melted, stirring occasionally.
- When cream cheese is melted, stir to combine thoroughly. Pour into a small bowl and garnish with green onion or cilantro. Serve warm with chips.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 59Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 14mgSodium 275mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 1g
Please note: The actual calories and nutrition of this dish will change depending on what ingredients you use. Nutrition information is not always accurate.
More Real Food Snacks for Game Day:
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Mostly Meatless Nacho Dip (vegan version too!)
- No-Bake Energy Bars
- Slow Cooker Meatless Taco Dip (meaty version included)
- Eggless Brownies (no weird ingredients!)
- Cheap & Simple Nachos
- Frugal, Real Food Super Bowl Ideas